Table of Contents
- What are the benefits of Bovine Glandular supplements?
- What are the side effects of Bovine Glandular supplements?
- What are the benefits of Bovine Ovary supplements?
- Can MTF individuals use bovine Ovary Supplements?
- Can Bovine Ovary supplements be used for Breast growth?
- Are the effects of Bovine Ovary supplements permanent?
- What are the benefits of Bovine Liver supplements?
- What are the benefits of Bovine Glandular Thyroid supplements?
- What are the benefits of Bovine Pituitary extract?
- What are the benefits of Bovine Pancreas supplements?
- Want to know more?
What are the benefits of Bovine Glandular supplements?
Bovine glandular supplements are believed to have various health benefits when taken orally, such as:
- Enhancement of immune function
- Correction of hormonal imbalances
- Treatment of allergies
- An anti-inflammatory agent
Bovine glandulars are supplements made from the glands and organs of cows. Individuals also believe they can support the function of corresponding glands or organs in the human body. For instance, bovine thyroid glandular may support thyroid function and bovine adrenal gland function. There is no scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of these supplements in improving the function of these glands or organs.
Furthermore, it’s essential to note that using bovine glandular as a treatment is not generally recommended by medical professionals. If you are considering taking bovine glandular, you must consult a healthcare provider to discuss the potential risks and benefits.
In the video below, Eric Bakker M.D. shares his opinion on glandular therapies and explains how they are a valid science:
This is our recommended Ovarian Glandular supplement (Amazon’s Choice):
What are the side effects of Bovine Glandular supplements?
The potential side effects of bovine glandular supplements include:
- Allergic reactions
- Infection or other symptoms due to contaminants
- Iron overload and Hemochromatosis (Due to large doses of bovine glandular liver supplements)
- Hyperthyroid symptoms (Due to large doses of bovine glandular thyroid supplements)
Bovine glandular supplements may also interact with medications such as levothyroxine and liothyroxine and be problematic for people hypersensitive to bovine (cow) products.
Generally, it’s essential to know the potential risks of taking any supplement, including bovine glandular. If you are considering taking bovine glandular, it’s essential to consult with a healthcare provider to discuss the potential risks and benefits. It’s also good to tell your healthcare provider about all medications and supplements you are taking to help identify any potential interactions or contraindications.
What are the benefits of Bovine Ovary supplements?
Bovine ovary supplements are dietary supplements made from the ovaries of cows. They are sometimes taken by people who hope to promote breast growth or individuals transiting from male to female. Moreover, a study also showed that bovine ovaries might contain growth hormones such as progesterone making these supplements an indirect source.
However, a study published in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine in 1998 evaluated the effects of a dietary supplement containing bovine ovary extract on hormone levels and menopausal symptoms in postmenopausal women. The study found that the supplement had no significant effect on estrogen or progesterone levels in the blood after 6 months of treatment.
It’s important to note that the research on bovine ovary supplements is limited, and there is no scientific evidence to support their use as a treatment or therapy.
Can MTF individuals use bovine Ovary Supplements?
There is no scientific evidence to support the use of bovine ovary supplements as a form of treatment or therapy for people who are transgender or gender nonconforming or seeking to transition from male to female (MTF).
A study supporting this claim was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association evaluated the effects of a dietary supplement containing bovine ovary extract in 30 men with male breast development (gynecomastia). The study found that the supplement had no significant effect on breast size or other measures of gynecomastia after 12 weeks of treatment.
Can Bovine Ovary supplements be used for Breast growth?
There is a lack of scientific evidence to support the use of bovine ovary supplements for breast growth in men or women. Some people may believe that bovine ovary supplements can promote breast growth due to the presence of hormones such as estrogen and progesterone in the ovaries of cows. However, the levels of these hormones that may be present in bovine ovary supplements are not well-established.
These supplements are also believed to target the endocrine system to promote breast growth in men and women. However, due to a lack of scientific evidence, nothing can be concluded about their effectiveness.
Are the effects of Bovine Ovary supplements permanent?
The effects of Bovine Ovary supplements may be permanent. Using herbal supplements for causes such as natural breast enlargement, can have significant risks. Before considering using such supplements, it is essential to be aware of them.
- Breast tissue growth: These supplements can stimulate breast tissue growth, which can be permanent in some cases. However, the growth may not be evenly distributed, leading to uneven breast size or shape.
- Hormonal imbalances: These supplements can alter hormone levels in the body, leading to various potential side effects such as mood changes, weight gain, and irregular periods.
- Sterility: There is a risk of infertility associated with using these supplements, especially long-term use. It is unclear whether this risk is reversible after stopping the supplements.
- Shrinkage: In some cases, women who have stopped using these supplements have experienced shrinkage of their breast tissue.
Some bovine ovary supplements contain estrogen and other hormones, which can have a range of effects on the body, as studies have linked an excess of estrogen to cause breast cancer in women. There is also a risk of allergic reactions to the substances contained in these supplements.
There is limited research on the permanent side effects of bovine ovary supplements, as they are not a recognized treatment or therapy and are not widely used. They are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the United States, and there is no standardization of these products, so it is difficult to determine the ingredients or potential risks associated with their use.
What are the benefits of Bovine Liver supplements?
Bovine liver supplements may have benefits for liver function and provide healthy nutrients and vitamins, as the bovine liver is a rich source of protein, iron, and vitamins A and B12.
Moreover, a study published in Food and Nutrition Sciences in 2014 evaluated the potential health benefits of bovine liver protein hydrolysate in mice with acute liver injury. The study found that the bovine liver protein hydrolysate had a protective effect on the liver.
However, it’s important to note that this study was conducted in mice and may have different implications for humans.
What are the benefits of Bovine Glandular Thyroid supplements?
Bovine glandular thyroid supplements are dietary supplements made from cows’ thyroid glands. It is believed that these supplements can support thyroid function or treat conditions such as hypothyroidism, a condition in which the thyroid gland cannot produce enough thyroid hormone.
However, a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1997 evaluated the safety and effectiveness of bovine thyroid glandular. The study found that bovine thyroid glandular was associated with a more increased incidence of adverse events than placebo. There was no evidence to support their use as a form of treatment or therapy.
This study shows that it’s essential to consult a healthcare provider to discuss the potential risks and benefits of taking a supplement.
What are the benefits of Bovine Pituitary extract?
Medical studies show the potential benefits of bovine pituitary extract in anti-cancer medication.
A study published in Acta Histochemica in 2014 evaluated the potential effects of the BPE (bovine pituitary extract) on cell proliferation in human breast cancer cells. The study found that the bovine pituitary extract had an inhibitory effect on cell proliferation. However, there is little scientific evidence to reinforce the use of bovine pituitary extract as a treatment or therapy for any medical condition.
The pituitary gland is an integral component of the endocrine system. It plays a role in several physiological processes, including growth and development and regulating thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). But, the pituitary gland is not the same in all animals, and it’s not clear that the pituitary gland of cows would have the same effects in humans as the human pituitary gland.
What are the benefits of Bovine Pancreas supplements?
Bovine pancreas supplements may benefit the pancreatic function of the body because they may regulate the production of pancreatic enzymes such as insulin and inulin.
An animal study published in the journal Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice in 2015 evaluated the potential effects of bovine pancreas extract on insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism in rats with diabetes. The study found that the bovine pancreas extracts positively affected insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism.
The pancreas is a vital organ that plays a role in digestion and metabolism. It produces hormones such as insulin, which helps regulate blood sugar levels and enzymes that help digest food. However, the pancreas is not the same in all animals, and it’s not clear that the pancreas of cows would have the same effects in humans as the human pancreas.
Want to know more?
Click the links below to access the individual topic pages:
This article makes use of information from the U.S. National Library of Medicine under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Endocrinology, Volume 62, Issue 2, 1 February 1958, Pages 234–235,
- Kessel B, Rabe T, Walper A. Double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the effects of a dietary supplement containing bovine ovary extract on hormone levels and menopausal symptoms in postmenopausal women. J Reprod Med. 1998 Apr;43(4):305-11.
- Dorgan JF, Stanczyk FZ, Stephenson HE, et al. The effects of a dietary supplement containing bovine ovary extract on breast development in men. JAMA. 1995 Apr 19;273(15):1197-202.
- Liu G, Liu L, Zhang H, et al. Protective effect of bovine liver protein hydrolysate on acute liver injury in mice. Food Nutr Sci. 2014 Mar;5(3):239-48.
- Gaby AR, Wright JV. Safety and effectiveness of thyroid glandulars: a review. JAMA. 1997 Dec 3;278(21):1747-50
- Gao Y, Ma L, Hu Y, et al. Inhibitory effects of bovine pituitary extract on cell proliferation in human breast cancer cells. Acta Histochem. 2014 Mar;116(2):140-7.
- Yoon SH, Lee H, Kim BK, et al. Bovine pancreas extract ameliorates insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism in diabetic rats. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015 Jul;109(1):25-33.
- Patel S, Homaei A, Raju AB, Meher BR. Estrogen: The necessary evil for human health, and ways to tame it. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018 Jun;102:403-411. doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2018.03.078. Epub 2018 Mar 22. PMID: 29573619.