Table of Contents
- What is Pueraria Mirifica used for?
- What’s the recommended Pueraria Mirifica Dosage for the Fastest Results?
- Can Pueraria Mirifica help with Hair Growth?
- Can Pueraria Mirifica help with Weight Gain?
- What are the uses of a Pueraria Mirifica Supplement?
- Is the effect of Pueraria Mirifica Permanent?
- Is Pueraria Mirifica effective for Weight Loss?
- Does Pueraria Mirifica have Benefits for the Skin?
- Can you use Pueraria Mirifica for Fat Redistribution?
- Is Pueraria Mirifica effective for shaping Bigger Buttocks?
- Can Pueraria Mirifica enhance body Curves?
- Can Pueraria Mirifica increase Fertility?
- How long does Pueraria Mirifica take to work?
- How to use Pueraria Mirifica Powder?
- What is the use of Pueraria Mirifica in Topical form?
- Is Pueraria Mirifica effective for Hair Loss?
- What’s Ainterol PM?
- Want to know more?
What is Pueraria Mirifica used for?
Pueraria Mirifica is used for the following benefits:
- Alleviating the symptoms of Menopause
- Promoting vaginal health
- Supporting bone health
- Enhancing antioxidant activities in the body
- Providing anticancer activities
- Improving heart health
- Supporting brain health
- Stimulating healthy hair
- Improving mental clarity and focus
- Enhancing prostate and sexual function
What’s the recommended Pueraria Mirifica Dosage for the Fastest Results?
The recommended Pueraria Mirifica Dosage for the Fastest results is 25-50 mg once a day every morning. One shouldn’t take more than 1 gram per day to avoid any side effects from overdosing.
Many manufacturers will recommend taking 2-3 supplements a day (200 mg a supplement) which is too much. It’s better to take lower dosages to achieve maximum results. Moreover, it’s important to ask your doctor first about the suitable dose for you.
In the video below, the YouTube channel “Health Nut Owl” goes over 7 Benefits of Pueraria Mirifica:
This is our recommended Pueraria Mirifica supplement (Amazon’s Choice):
Can Pueraria Mirifica help with Hair Growth?
Menopause causes thinning of hair in women due to lower estrogen and higher androgen levels. Pueraria Mirifica can help with hair growth, because it reduces the formation of hormones that cause hair loss, such as DHT (Dihydrotestosterone). Pueraria Mirifica can also help with hair growth in other ways:
- eliminates clogged hair follicles
- improves scalp blood circulation and nourishes hair follicles
- protects hair from free radicals in the environment due to its antioxidant properties.
Can Pueraria Mirifica help with Weight Gain?
Since Pueraria Mirifica has estrogen-like effects, it may reduce the weight gain caused by low estrogen levels that come with menopause. PMS causes a hormonal imbalance which can lead to weight gain in older women (this is because estrogen helps with the metabolism of sugars and fats).
What are the uses of a Pueraria Mirifica Supplement?
Any Pueraria Mirifica Supplement has a powerful effect on estrogen levels, and is useful to treat menopause symptoms including the following:
- Dryness in the vaginal region
- Irritability and moodiness
- Hot flashes
- Irregular periods
- Enlarging breast size
Additionally, supplements can be used for other health benefits as well. Since the FDA doesn’t monitor supplements like Pueraria Mirifica, it’d be wise to consult your doctor first to avoid any side effects.
Is the effect of Pueraria Mirifica Permanent?
Pueraria Mirifica’s effect on the body isn’t permanent, this is what a study published in the journal of Endocrine in 2006, found out after giving 9 lab menopausal monkeys different dosages of Pueraria Mirifica and identifying their impact on their gonadotrophin levels.
Although the results revealed the superior effect of Pueraria Mirifica in treating menopause and that there’s a correlation between dosages and recovery time, they also concur that the effect isn’t permanent.
Is Pueraria Mirifica effective for Weight Loss?
Pueraria Mirifica is effective for weight loss owing to its estrogen-like role in the body which increases the rate of carbohydrates and sugars metabolism, that in turn functions in reducing cholesterol levels and stimulates weight loss.
Furthermore, a review study published in the Journal of Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy, in 2020 supports the use of Pueraria Mirifica for its numerous health benefits on major organs like the heart, liver, lungs, muscle, skin, and reproductive organs.
Does Pueraria Mirifica have Benefits for the Skin?
Pueraria Mirifica has benefits for the skin owing to promoting collagen production which provides the following advantages:
- Hydrating the skin
- Protection against wrinkles and aging
- Rejuvenating the skin
- Restoring healthy skin cells
- Improves skin elasticity
- Stimulates firmer skin
- Eliminating skin trouble like (dark spots, stretch marks, dry skin, and loose skin)
For all the previous reasons, it’s recommended to use Pueraria Mirifica cream products on a daily basis.
Can you use Pueraria Mirifica for Fat Redistribution?
You can use Pueraria Mirifica for Fat Redistribution as a result of its rich phytoestrogen profile which makes it possible for fats to relocate from one place to another, for example, fat relocating from the belly to the hips.
This can be especially useful for people who are transgenders and are looking for products to help their transition from male to female. However, this should only be taken under the supervision and guidance of your doctor.
Is Pueraria Mirifica effective for shaping Bigger Buttocks?
Pueraria Mirifica is effective for shaping bigger buttocks as a result of its high estrogen amounts which promote curves and fat redistribution. Thus, taking Pueraria Mirifica consistently will result in increased fat storage in the buttocks and hips area.
Can Pueraria Mirifica enhance body Curves?
Pueraria Mirifica can be useful for enhancing body curves because it can increase estrogen levels in the body, which in turn stimulates the redistribution of fats into the breasts, hips, and buttocks area. Therefore, following a treatment regimen of Pueraria Mirifica under the guidance of your doctor can significantly help with body curve formation.
Can Pueraria Mirifica increase Fertility?
Pueraria Mirifica can’t increase fertility, in fact, there have been a number of scientific body evidence to prove that it promotes infertility. According to a study published in the Journal of Reproduction and Development in 2007, supplementing lab mice with 100mg/kg of Pueraria Mirifica affected the fertility rate and mating efficiency.
Similarly, a study published in the journal of Endocrinology in 2005, revealed that Pueraria Mirifica intake suppressed ovulation and significantly reduced gonadotropin levels in the bodies of lab monkeys.
How long does Pueraria Mirifica take to work?
The time it takes for Pueraria Mirifica to work for Skin Care and Hair Growth is 1-2 weeks, and for General Health is a few weeks to several months.
However, the time it takes for Pueraria Mirifica to work may be different for each person due to several factors including but not limited to: body size, metabolism, and age.
How to use Pueraria Mirifica Powder?
Pueraria Mirifica powder can be used in multiple ways, for example, it can be mixed with an oil, lotion, or cream and applied topically on the skin and massaged for breast enlargement. Another use is to sprinkle the powder in your food or drinks.
The advent of using Pueraria Mirifica powder over other forms is that the dosage can be easily controlled and it’s very easy to take.
What is the use of Pueraria Mirifica in Topical form?
Topical application of Pueraria Mirifica is useful for treating postmenopausal vaginal atrophy and for cosmetic effects in skin products. Topical doses for Pueraria Mirifica is 0.5/1g a day.
In a study published in the Journal of Reproduction and Development in 2014, effectiveness in a breed of lab monkeys showed significant improvements with no side effects.
Another recent study published in the journal of Menopause, in 2017 revealed that the use of Pueraria Mirifica gel on the vagina of women for a duration of 12 weeks was both effective and safe in the treatment of vulvovaginal atrophy.
Is Pueraria Mirifica effective for Hair Loss?
Pueraria Mirifica is effective for hair loss that’s caused due to hereditary conditions, also known as androgenic hair loss. Androgenic hair loss results from high levels of the male hormone testosterone. Using Pueraria Mirifica provides functions that prevent hair loss, these include the following:
- Blocking the action of hormones that causes hair loss such as DHT
- Increases the blood flow to hair which increases the growth of hair
- Inhibits hair follicles from getting clogged
- Act as a source of nourishment for hair
What’s Ainterol PM?
Ainterol PM is a company that sells organic Pueraria Mirifica vegan and cruelty-free products that have been up and running for more than 20 years.
Want to know more?
Click the links below to access the individual topic pages:
This article makes use of information from the U.S. National Library of Medicine under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Cherdshewasart W, Sutjit W, Pulcharoen K, Chulasiri M. The mutagenic and antimutagenic effects of the traditional phytoestrogen-rich herbs, Pueraria mirifica and Pueraria lobata. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2009 Sep;42(9):816-23. doi: 10.1590/s0100-879×2009000900008. PMID: 19738987.
- Trisomboon H, Malaivijitnond S, Watanabe G, Cherdshewasart W, Taya K. The estrogenic effect of Pueraria mirifica on gonadotrophin levels in aged monkeys. Endocrine. 2006 Feb;29(1):129-34. doi: 10.1385/ENDO:29:1:129. PMID: 16622301.
- Wang S, Zhang S, Wang S, Gao P, Dai L. A comprehensive review on Pueraria: Insights on its chemistry and medicinal value. Biomed Pharmacother. 2020 Nov;131:110734. doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2020.110734. Epub 2020 Sep 15. PMID: 32942158.
- Jaroenporn S, Malaivijitnond S, Wattanasirmkit K, Watanabe G, Taya K, Cherdshewasart W. Assessment of fertility and reproductive toxicity in adult female mice after long-term exposure to Pueraria mirifica herb. J Reprod Dev. 2007 Oct;53(5):995-1005. doi: 10.1262/jrd.18151. Epub 2007 Jun 22. PMID: 17585183.
- Jaroenporn S, Urasopon N, Watanabe G, Malaivijitnond S. Improvements of vaginal atrophy without systemic side effects after topical application of Pueraria mirifica, a phytoestrogen-rich herb, in postmenopausal cynomolgus macaques. J Reprod Dev. 2014;60(3):238-45. doi: 10.1262/jrd.2013-144. Epub 2014 Apr 21. PMID: 24748397; PMCID: PMC4085389.
- Suwanvesh N, Manonai J, Sophonsritsuk A, Cherdshewasart W. Comparison of Pueraria mirifica gel and conjugated equine estrogen cream effects on vaginal health in postmenopausal women. Menopause. 2017 Feb;24(2):210-215. doi: 10.1097/GME.0000000000000742. PMID: 27749740.
- Kittivanichkul D, Charoenphandhu N, Khemawoot P, Malaivijitnond S. Pueraria mirifica alleviates cortical bone loss in naturally menopausal monkeys. J Endocrinol. 2016;231(2):121-33. doi:10.1530/JOE-16-0277
- Manonai J, Chittacharoen A, Theppisai U, et al. Effect of Pueraria mirifica on vaginal health. Menopause. 2007 Sep-Oct;14(5):919-24. doi:10.1097/gme.0b013e3180399486
- Lamlertkittikul S, Chandeying V. Efficacy and safety of Pueraria mirifica (Kwao Kruea Khao) for the treatment of vasomotor symptoms in perimenopausal women: Phase II Study. J Med Assoc Thai. 2004 Jan;87(1):33-40.PMID: 14971532
- Bedell S, Nachtigall M, Naftolin F. The pros and cons of plant estrogens for menopause. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2014 Jan;139:225-36. doi: 10.1016/j.jsbmb.2012.12.004. Epub 2012 Dec 25. PMID: 23270754.
- Okamura S, Sawada Y, Satoh T, Sakamoto H, Saito Y, Sumino H, Takizawa T, Kogure T, Chaichantipyuth C, Higuchi Y, Ishikawa T, Sakamaki T. Pueraria mirifica phytoestrogens improve dyslipidemia in postmenopausal women probably by activating estrogen receptor subtypes. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2008 Dec;216(4):341-51. doi: 10.1620/tjem.216.341. PMID: 19060449.
- Anukulthanakorn K, Parhar IS, Jaroenporn S, Kitahashi T, Watanbe G, Malaivijitnond S. Neurotherapeutic Effects of Pueraria mirifica Extract in Early- and Late-Stage Cognitive Impaired Rats. Phytother Res. 2016 Jun;30(6):929-39. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5595. Epub 2016 Feb 25. PMID: 26915634.